Special Session SS - 49: Bio-inspired Computational Creativity and Neuroscience
Artificial intelligence is substantially changing the nature of creative processes. Bio-inspired computing techniques and deep neural networks have been used in various ways to create or guide the creation of visual art, music, games and human-machine interaction. The primary aim of this special session is to bring together researchers working on cross-disciplinary bio- inspired computing techniques, cognitive neuroscience and computational creativity, and to provide a forum for them to discuss the latest outcomes and new directions for future research.
The original contributions in the bio-inspired computation creativity are welcome. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
• Bio-inspired computing techniques for aesthetic preference and control
• Evolutionary cognitive neuroscience
• Content-based similarity or recommendation
• Bio-inspired cognitive algorithms
• Interactive environments and games
• Artificial creative agents
• Bio-inspired creativity
• Definition or classification of creativity
• Reactive worlds, immersive and interactive environments
• Bio-inspired generative art and music
• Brain-machine interface
• Human centred computing
• Analysis of bio-inspired computational techniques
• Innovative applications of bio-inspired computational creativity
Papers on novel evolutionary computation research problems and novel application domains of the arts, music, multimedia and games are especially encouraged.
• Submission deadline: 21 February 2021 (anywhere in the World Time Zone)
• Notification: 22 March 2021
• Final paper submission: 7 April 2021
• Early Registration Deadline: 7 April 2021
• Conference: 28 June 2021 - 1 July 2021
Please follow the submission guideline from the IEEE CEC 2021 Submission Website (https://cec2021.mini.pw.edu.pl/en/paper-submission).
Special session papers are treated the same as regular conference papers.
Please specify that your paper is for the Main research topic*: SS=49. Bio-inspired Computational Creativity and Neuroscience.
All papers accepted and presented at CEC 2021 will be included in the conference proceedings published by IEEE Explore, which are typically indexed by EI. All papers must be submitted through the IEEE CEC 2021 online submission system (https://ieee-cis.org/conferences/cec2021/upload.php).