[Research areas] - [Research outputs] - [Honours and awards] - [Research inputs]
Computer vision and machine learning
Honours and awards
Honours and awards won by students and supervisees
- Cameron Mcleod: Best Computer Science Presentation Award, Ingenuity 2021.
- Sofia Mcleod: Computer Science Innovation Award, Ingenuity 2020.
- Zhipeng Cai: Dean’s Commendation for Doctoral Thesis Excellence, 2020.
- Ryan Faulkner: Computer Science Innovation Award, Ingenuity 2019.
- Álvaro Parra Bustos: Dean’s Commendation for Doctoral Thesis Excellence, ECMS 2016.
- Marcus Low: Google Award for Best Honours Thesis, 2015.
- Guosheng Lin: Dean’s Commendation for Doctoral Thesis Excellence, 2014.
- Guosheng Lin: Google Ph.D. Fellowship, 2014.
- Quoc Huy Tran: Dean’s Commendation for Doctoral Thesis Excellence, 2014.
- Trung Thanh Pham: Dean’s Commendation for Doctoral Thesis Excellence, 2014.
- Trung Thanh Pham: Invitation to Heidelberg Laureate Forum, 2013.
- William X. Liu: Google Award for Best Honours Thesis, 2013.
- Trung T. Pham: Google Ph.D. Fellowship, 2012.
- T.-J. Chin, J. Culton, I. Reid, R. Akmeliawati and V. Hessel. Satellite Proximity Surveillance System (SatProx). SmartSat CRC Project, $375,000, 2022-2024.
- H.-T. Tran, B. Reid, V. Fok, D. Neudegg, V. Perojogin, M. Rutten, T.-J. Chin, A. Kealy, X. Yi and R. Mahony. Space Jeopardy and Response (S-JAR). SmartSat CRC Project, $384,209, 2022-2024.
- T.-J. Chin, G. Batista, B. Ng, M. Webb, A. Parra Bustos, C. Sammut, A. Sowmya and Y. Song. Space Analytics Engine. SmartSat CRC Project, $500,000, 2021-2023.
- M. Roughan, T.-J. Chin, M. Humphreys, G. Nguyen, J. Tuke, L. Mitchell. Trusted AI Frameworks for Change and Anomaly Detection in Observed ISR Patterns, SmartSat CRC Project, $440,778, 2021-2023.
- T.-J. Chin. AI on the edge: Task-aware distributed deep learning inference for defence applications. Next Generation Technologies Fund (NGFT), $120,000, 2021-2022.
- M. Wagner, T.-J. Chin, I. D. Reid, S. Gupta and C. Guettier. Collaborative Sensing and Learning for Maritime Situational Awareness. $643,565, 2021-2023.
- T.-J. Chin. SmartSat CRC Professorial Chair of Sentient Satellites. $1.5 M, 2020-2025.
- T.-J. Chin, M. Tetlow, T.-F. Lu, N. Sergiienko, A. Eriksson and R. Mahony. Ultra-fine Attitude Control via Event-based Star Tracking and Piezoelectric Stabilisation. SmartSat CRC Project, $600,000, 2020-2023.
- T.-J. Chin. New Paradigms for Robust Fitting: Kernelisation and Polyhedral Search. ARC Discovery Project, $370,000, 2020-2022.
- I. D. Reid, T.-J. Chin and G. Carneiro. Trusted Autonomous Ground Vehicle injected in an EW application (TAGVIEW): Research Stream 1: Semantic understanding with inference and reasoning. Trusted Autonomy Systems - Defence CRC project, $2,894,350, 2020-2023.
- T.-J. Chin and M. Webb. Event-based Star Tracking for Celestial Navigation in Daylight. White Paper, Future Submarine Program - Combat System Integrator R&D Program, Lockheed Martin Australia, $70,000, 2020.
- T.-J. Chin, J. Worrall, and K. Fukui. Visual markers for UAV-based facade inspection. Mawson Lakes Fellowship Program, $20,000, 2018-2019.
- T.-J. Chin, D. Suter, and M. Tetlow. Space-based space surveillance with robust computer vision algorithms. ARC Linkage Project, $275,000, 2016-2018.
- T.-J. Chin and D. Suter. Optimal robust fitting under the framework of LP-type methods. ARC Discovery Project, $268,000, 2016-2018.
- T.-J. Chin. Quantifying performance of image processing for optical space situational awareness data. DSTG Research Agreement, $24,200, 2016.
- T.-J. Chin. Guaranteed outlier removal for point cloud registration, DSTG Research Agreement, $15,000, 2016.
- I. D. Reid, T.-J. Chin, and J. Howarth. Visual sensing for localisation and mapping in mining. ARC Linkage Project, $220,000, 2014-2016.
- D. Suter, T.-J. Chin, A. Bab-Hadiashar, and P. Chen. Improved image analysis: maximised statistical use of geometry/shape constraints. ARC Discovery Project, $330,000, 2013-2015.
- G. Carneiro and T.-J. Chin. Automated reasoning under uncertainty for visual object recognition and classification, Regione Puglia - South Australia Awards for Research Collaboration, $70,000, 2012-2013.