Call for PhD Symposium Papers
The ICSOC 2016 PhD Symposium is an international forum for PhD students working in all areas related to service-oriented computing.
The goals of the symposium are:
- To bring together PhD students and established researchers in the field of service-oriented computing,
- To enable PhD students to interact with other PhD students and to stimulate exchange of ideas, suggestions, and experiences among participants,
- To provide PhD students an opportunity to present, share and discuss their research in a constructive and critical atmosphere, and
- To provide PhD students with fruitful feedback and advice on their research approach.
This symposium in Banff (Canada) will be the 12th edition of the series held in conjunction with the ICSOC conferences in Goa (2015), Paris (2014), Berlin (2013), Shanghai (2012), Paphos (2011), San Francisco (2010), Stockholm (2009), Sydney (2008), Vienna (2007), Chicago (2006), and Amsterdam (2005).
PhD students working in all areas related to service-oriented computing are invited to submit a paper providing a clear description of the PhD work. In particular each paper must:
- Provide a clear problem statement,
- Outline the research challenges that drive the proposed work,
- Describe the proposed solution, its expected impact, the expected research plan, and the preliminary results,
- Discuss the progress beyond the state of the art of the envisioned research outcome compared to current literature and approaches, and
- Discuss how the work will be evaluated, stating how the suggested solution is different, new, or better than existing approaches to the problem.
Accepted papers presented at the Symposium will be included in the ICSOC’16 post-conference proceedings of satellite events, to be published by Springer in the Service Science series.
Submissions must be at most 6 page long (strict requirement) and formatted according to the Springer LNCS format. Submissions must be single-authored, and the name of the supervisor(s) must be clearly indicated. Papers must be submitted electronically, in PDF format, via the PhD Symposium track in the ICSOC submission system.
- Paper submission deadline: July 30, 2016 (extended)
- Notifications: August 21, 2016
- Camera ready deadline: August 30, 2016
- Yuhong Yan, Concordia University, Canada
- Yan Wang, Macquarie University, Australia
- François Charoy, Université of Lorraine, Inria, France
Symposium Programe Committee
- Hoa Khanh Dam, University of Wollongong, Australia
- Marlon Dumas, University of Tartu, Estonia
- Massimo Mecella, SAPIENZA Università di Roma, Italy
- Stefanie Rinderle-Ma, University of Vienna, Austria
- Gustavo Rossi, UNLP, Argentina
- George Spanoudakis, City University London, United Kingdom
- Mathias Weske, HPI/University of Potsdam, Germany
- Xiwei Xu, NICTA, Australia