Dr. Cruz Izu
Department of Computer Science
University of Adelaide, SA 5005
Phone: +61 8 8313 5762
Fax: +61 8 8313 4366
Information about me - Professional
I am a Lecturer in the Department of Computer Science at the The University
of Adelaide. I received the B.Comp.Sc. in 1989 and the Ph.D. in Computer
Architecture in 1994, both from the University of the Basque Country, Spain.
From October 1991 to the end of 1993 I was a visiting researcher at the
University of Surrey, England.
In February 1996, I joined the academic staff of the department as a Lecturer.
I have concentrated on teaching computer architecture, computer systems, and operating systems..
I have also taught parts of the subjects computer networks and applications, open systems client/server computing, and specialised programming.
I've been involved in the program CS4HS since 2011, providing computer science support and development to high school teachers in the Adelaide metropolitan area. For information about this local program please click here .
The new Australian curriculum will introduce computer science concepts at the primary and middle school level in the new subject Digital Technologies in 2014 and we are actively collating references nd resources at our pinterest page .
Most of my research on Interconnection Networks has been carried out in collaboration with the
Computer Architecture Group from the University of Cantabria, Spain.
Our research focused on the analysis, evaluation and design of Interconnection
Networks for parallel architectures.
My current research interests are
- networks on chips
- evaluation of interconnection network
- traffic modelling
- routing in wireless and sensor networks.
If you are interested in doing a PhD in these research topics and have a solid CS/EE background with some research experience
send me email and a CV (in Pdf NOT word format).
- Cruz Izu, Enrique Vallejo Throughput Fairness in Indirect Interconnection Networks. PDCAT '12 Proceedings of the 2012 13th International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing, Applications and Technologies
Pages 233-238 doi: 10.1109/PDCAT.2012.129
- Cruz Izu On the use of multiplanes on a 2D mesh network-on-chip . ICA3PP'11 Proceedings of the 11th international conference on Algorithms and architectures for parallel processing - Volume Part II, pp. 276-286
- Alexander, B.; Izu, C. Engaging weak programmers in problem solving. Education Engineering (EDUCON), 2010 IEEE , vol., no., pp.997-1005, 14-16 April 2010
- Cruz Izu A throughput fairness injection protocol for mesh and torus networksi. 16th International Conference on High Performance Computing, HiPC 2009: 294-303 (2009)
You can download this papers from the digital library at no cost.
For more information follow any of the links below