Web of Things, Big Data Analytics, Web Science, Service-oriented Computing, Pervasive Computing,
- Enabling Context-Aware Web Services: Methods, Architectures, and Technologies.
Quan Z. Sheng, Jian Yu, Schahram Dustdar (Eds.), Chapman and Hall/CRC. February 2010. Amazon US, Amazon Japan, Amazon UK
- Things of Interest Recommendation by Leveraging Heterogeneous Relations in the Internet of Things. Lina Yao, Quan Z. Sheng, Anne H.H. Ngu, and Xue Li.
ACM Transactions on Internet Technology (TOIT), 2015. (to appear)
- SIEF: Efficiently Answering Distance Queries for Failure Prone Graphs. Yongrui Qin, Quan Z. Sheng, and Wei Emma Zhang.
The 18th International Conference on Extending Database Technology (EDBT 2015). Brussels, Belgium, March 23-27, 2015. [PDF]
- Matching over Linked Data Streams in the Internet of Things. Yongrui Qin,
Quan Z. Sheng, and Edward Curry. IEEE Internet Computing, Vol 19, No 3, pp 21-27, May/June 2015.
- Analysis of Web-Scale Cloud Services. Talal H. Noor,
Quan Z. Sheng, Anne H.H. Ngu, and Schahram Dustdar. IEEE Internet Computing, Vol 18, No 4, pp 55-61, July/August 2014.
- Web Services Composition: A Decade's Overview. Quan Z. Sheng, Xiaoqiang Qiao, Athanasios V. Vasilakos, Claudia Szabo, Scott Bourne, and Xiaofei Xu.
Information Sciences, Vol 280, pp 218-238, October 2014. [PDF]
- Trust Management of Services in Cloud Environments: Obstacles and Solutions. Talal H. Noor, Quan Z. Sheng, Sherali Zeadally, and Jian Yu.
ACM Computing Surveys, Vol 46, No 1, p 12, 2013. [PDF]
- Modeling Object Flows from Distributed and Federated RFID Data Streams for Efficient Tracking and Tracing. Yanbo Wu, Quan Z. Sheng, Hong Shen, and Sherali Zeadally. IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems
(TPDS), Vol 24, No 10, pp 2036-2045, 2013. [PDF,
- A Model for Correlation Discovery of Ubiquitous Things. Lina Yao, Quan Z. Sheng, Byron Gao, Anne H.H. Ngu, and Xue Li.
The 13th IEEE International Conference on Data Mining (ICDM 2013). December 7-10, 2013, Dallas, Texas, USA.
- Bootstrapping Ontologies for Web Services. Aviv Segev and Quan Z. Sheng. IEEE Transactions on Services Computing
(TSC), Vol 5, No 1, pp 33-44, 2012. [PDF]
- RFID Enabled Traceability Networks: A Survey. Yanbo Wu, Damith Ranasinghe, Quan Z. Sheng, Sherali Zeadally, and Jian Yu.
Distributed and Parallel Databases, Springer (DAPD), Vol 29, No 5-6, pp 397-443, 2011.
- Separating Operational and Control Behaviors: A New Approach to Web Services Modeling.
Quan Z. Sheng, Zakaria Maamar, Hamdi Yahyaoui, Jamal Bentahar, and Khouloud Boukadi. IEEE Internet Computing, Vol 14, No 3, pp 68-76, May/Jun 2010. [PDF]
- Semantic-based Mashup of Composite Applications. Anne H.H. Ngu, Michael P. Carlson, Quan Z. Sheng, and Hye-young Paik. IEEE Transactions on Services Computing
(TSC), Vol 3, No 1, pp 2-15. January-March 2010. [PDF]
- Configurable Composition and Adaptive Provisioning of Web Services. Quan Z. Sheng,
Boualem Benatallah, Zakaria Maamar, Anne H.H. Ngu. IEEE Transactions on Services Computing
(TSC), Vol 2 No 1. pp 34-49. January-March 2009 [PDF].
- RFID Infrastructure Design: A Case Study of Two Australian RFID Projects.
John P.T. Mo, Quan Z. Sheng, Xue Li, Sherali Zeadally. IEEE Internet Computing,
Vol 13 No 1. pp 14-21. Jan/Feb 2009. [PDF]
- Enabling Next-Generation RFID Applications: Solutions and Challenges.
Quan Z. Sheng, Xue Li, Sherali Zeadally. IEEE Computer,
Vol 41 No 9. pp 21-28. September 2008. [PDF]
- User-Centric Services Provisioning in Wireless Environments.
Quan Z. Sheng, Boualem Benatallah, Zakaria Maamar. Communications of the
November, 2008, Vol 51 No 11. pp 130-135. [PDF]
- The Self-Serv Environment for Web Services Composition,
Boualem Benatallah, Quan Z. Sheng, Marlon Dumas. Jan/Feb, 2003, IEEE Internet Computing, Vol
7 No 1, pp 40-48. [PDF]
- Declarative Composition and Peer-to-Peer Provisioning of Dynamic
Web Services, Boualem Benatallah, Marlon Dumas, Quan Z. Sheng, Anne
H.H. Ngu. The 18th IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering
(ICDE'02), pp 297-308, San Jose, California, USA, Feb, 2002. [PDF]
- Combining Multi-Visual Features for Efficient
Indexing in A Large Image Database, Anne H.H. Ngu, Quan Z. Sheng, Du
Huynh, Ron Lei. VLDB Journal,
Vol 9, No 4, pp 279-293, March 2001. [PDF]
Full list from My
entry at DBLP
Citations of my papers from my regularly maintained
My page at ResearchGate, Scopus,
Microsoft Academic Search,
ACM Digital Library
Some Courses I Teach
- COMP SCI 7036: Software Engineering in Industry (Semester 1 2015)
- COMP SCI 3006: Software Engineering and Project (Semester 2 2013)
- COMP SCI 2005: System Programming in C/C++ (Semester 2, 2011)
- COMP/DEF SCI 7092: Mobile and Wireless Networks (Semester 2 2010)
All Courses I Taught
Recent Professional Services
- Guest Editor, special issue on Big Data Analytics and the Web, IEEE Transactions on Big Data (TBD),
with Athanasios V. Vasilakos, Qi Yu, and Lina Yao. Deadline: 30 June 2015
- Guest Editor, special issue on Service Provisioning in the Big Data Era, Journal of Big Data (BigData),
with Xiaofei Xu, Xianzhi Wang, and Athanasios V. Vasilakos. Deadline: 31 May 2015 [CFP]
- Guest Editor, special issue on the Uncertain Web, ACM Transactions on Internet Technology (TOIT),
with Djamal Benslimane, Mahmoud Barhamgi, and Henri Prade, 2014.
- Program Vice Chair, Parallel/Distributed Algorithms and Applications Track, The 21st IEEE International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Systems
(ICPADS 2015). Melbourne, Australia, Dec 14-18, 2015
- Senior PC Member, The 12th International Conference on Service Oriented Computing
(ICSOC 2014). Paris, France, November 3-6, 2014
- Member of Editorial Board, Service-Oriented Computing and Applications (SOCA), Springer, 2011-