The School of Computer Science has a proud tradition of world-class research and development, both fundamental and applied. Our staff have a broad range of research interests. These are listed in the staff directory page (and the associated personal web pages).
We focus our research efforts through strong, coherent research groups.
- Australian Centre for Visual Technologies (ACVT)
- Advanced Computing and Communication Research on Systems and Services (ACROSS)
- Computer Science Education Research Group (CSER)
- Computer Vision
- Distributed High-Performance Computing
- DIG - Defence Information Group
- Optimisation and Logistics
Our researchers are widely published, supervise outstanding doctoral students, attract significant research funding and visits from distinguished international researchers.
Our contribution to the international research community includes organisation of conferences and a vibrant seminar programme.